OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My last period was February 8. I had sec with my husband on

Customer Question
February 29-March 1. I had...
My last period was February 8. I had sec with my husband on February 29-March 1. I had sex with another man on March 7. Is there a chance the other man can be the father of my child?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sex**
4/24/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is a chance, but it is relatively small.

When there is a normal schedule during the menstrual cycle, a woman that had her last period on Feb 8th would ovulate around Feb 22nd. The actual day of intercourse can be within several days before or after the day of ovulation.

It is possible that a woman can have a delayed ovulation, but it would be much less likely to delay the ovulation to the point that the ovulation occurred to allow pregnancy to occur from the intercourse on Mar 7th.

Did you have sex with our husband around Feb 18 - 26?

I had requested some further information and have not heard back.

If you had sex only with your husband during the period of Feb 18 - 26 and your due date is found to be consistent with your last period of Feb 8th, then your husband would be the father of the child.

If you had sex with other men during this period, then there would need to be further discussion. Or if the due date is found to not be consistent with last period of Feb 8th, then there would also need to be further discussion.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor