DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

Dose MRSA lead to viginal discharge with smell, Before 4

Customer Question

Hi , dose MRSA lead to viginal discharge with smell
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Before 4 years ago I got Abcessin vaginal lips , I was treated with cipro for 14 days and then 2month bactrin , I did test over a year and it was clear ,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: Before four weeks I start to have pain during sex , and I start losing my sex feeling and I start to have white fliued and I can smell my self
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

No, MRSA would not do this

However, the antibiotics taken for MRSA could cause a disruption in the normal bacterial flora of the vagina.

This could produce a smell.

So not MRSA but the treatment for MRSA could do it.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

If you have more questions, just reply :)