Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

There, past month I have been nauseous on and

Customer Question

Hi there,
For the past month I have been nauseous on and off, my periods have been really light for the last two cycles, I get abdominal pain in my upper abdomen and my left side(never at the same time, different days it hurts in different places) I got really bad hives in January and still get a few once in a while. They checked my ATL and it came back really good. I'm not pregnant 100%
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathleen,I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending you now.Did you get an ultrasound abdomen done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just the blood work
Ok, I suggest you to get the ultrasound abdomen done once, I can say it is mandatory to know what exactly is wrong.I don't think it is related to periods. The scan can really give an idea about what is wrong in the abdomen.Any questions please don't hesitate to ask, or request to leave a posiitve rating.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I kind of already knew that, but my dr doesn't think there's anything wrong. This didn't really help at all. Thanks
What do you want from me, please advise? I can give the relevant suggestions/information accordingly.
Upper abdominal pain is definitely an indication for ultrasound scan, no doctor can deny that.Nausea and upper abdominal pain can occur sometimes in patients with gastritis or gastro esphageal reflux, peptic ulcer, heart burn. If the pain is associated with food intake, then you need to get an endoscopy done once.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not to do with food, I feel sick right now and I haven't even eaten. I woke up feeling full and then felt sick an hour later. They just keep saying its ibs. I have really bad anxiety so it's hard for Drs to look further into.
Ok, don't worry, I will help you with this.
Do you have constipation, diarrhea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kind of but not really. I used to have symptoms of ibs but have been pretty regular for a while now. I had one bout of diarrhea for a few days maybe a month ago, but I had no cramping or anything.
Ok, do you want a email or skype consultation.I can completely evaluate you and help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to school now.
Ok, please leave a positive rating, I can initiate the service when you are back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to say too, that I have been getting chills for the last two weeks, no fever though.
Please accept the offer, so that I can discuss with you in more detail, I will share my mail and you can share yours, you can get back to me anytime when you are free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not paying more than 50 dollars. If you can't help that's fine. I haven't really gotten anymore info than I already knew to begin with. I'll just go to another clinic.
I will change it $50, don't worry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But then it cost 100, since I have to pay for the initial question. It's ok.
It is just that I need to discuss in more detail with you for sometime to arrive at the diagnosis and help you. Tell me your affordable cost, I can initiate with the same offer and share my email ID to discuss. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm saying its ok, I'll go to a clinic. I'm Canadian my medical is free. I've just been really busy, and with my dr blowing it off as ibs or anxiety. I was hoping to figure out what other things it could be. But I'm not going to pay a ton of money. I had success with this site before, so I thought I would try it again. It's ok.
Ok, let me tell my opinion,You need not take any additional service.It is mild IBS that you have,as it is not related to gastritis, heart burn, and menstrual related,You need to undergo an ultrasound once when you are free,What treatment you are taking for IBS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not taking anything for it.
I suggest you to take a probiotic supplement for one month,Limit the spicy food. don't eat high gas foods like cauliflower, brocoliAvoid wheat, barleyTake fibre supplements like metamucilTake bentyl when ever you have pain
Hope this helps. please follow the advice, and it will be helpful.I tried to evaluate all the possible and symptoms and help you.Now, I request you to leave a positive rating [from 3 to 5 stars], only then I'm compensated formy time I spent with you Best Regards