OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

For the past month I have been nauseous on and off, my

Customer Question
Hi there, For the past month...
Hi there,
For the past month I have been nauseous on and off, my periods have been really light for the last two cycles, I get abdominal pain in my upper abdomen and my left side(never at the same time, different days it hurts in different places) I got really bad hives in January and still get a few once in a while. They checked my ATL and it came back really good. I'm not pregnant 100%
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
4/22/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

Hi Kathleen,

I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending you now.

Did you get an ultrasound abdomen done?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No just the blood work

Ok, I suggest you to get the ultrasound abdomen done once, I can say it is mandatory to know what exactly is wrong.

I don't think it is related to periods.

The scan can really give an idea about what is wrong in the abdomen.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask, or request to leave a posiitve rating.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I kind of already knew that, but my dr doesn't think there's anything wrong. This didn't really help at all. Thanks

What do you want from me, please advise? I can give the relevant suggestions/information accordingly.

Upper abdominal pain is definitely an indication for ultrasound scan, no doctor can deny that.

Nausea and upper abdominal pain can occur sometimes in patients with gastritis or gastro esphageal reflux, peptic ulcer, heart burn. If the pain is associated with food intake, then you need to get an endoscopy done once.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not to do with food, I feel sick right now and I haven't even eaten. I woke up feeling full and then felt sick an hour later. They just keep saying its ibs. I have really bad anxiety so it's hard for Drs to look further into.

Ok, don't worry, I will help you with this.

Do you have constipation, diarrhea?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kind of but not really. I used to have symptoms of ibs but have been pretty regular for a while now. I had one bout of diarrhea for a few days maybe a month ago, but I had no cramping or anything.

Ok, do you want a email or skype consultation.

I can completely evaluate you and help you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go to school now.

Ok, please leave a positive rating, I can initiate the service when you are back

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I forgot to say too, that I have been getting chills for the last two weeks, no fever though.

Please accept the offer, so that I can discuss with you in more detail, I will share my mail and you can share yours, you can get back to me anytime when you are free.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not paying more than 50 dollars. If you can't help that's fine. I haven't really gotten anymore info than I already knew to begin with. I'll just go to another clinic.

I will change it $50, don't worry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But then it cost 100, since I have to pay for the initial question. It's ok.

It is just that I need to discuss in more detail with you for sometime to arrive at the diagnosis and help you. Tell me your affordable cost, I can initiate with the same offer and share my email ID to discuss. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm saying its ok, I'll go to a clinic. I'm Canadian my medical is free. I've just been really busy, and with my dr blowing it off as ibs or anxiety. I was hoping to figure out what other things it could be. But I'm not going to pay a ton of money. I had success with this site before, so I thought I would try it again. It's ok.

Ok, let me tell my opinion,

You need not take any additional service.

It is mild IBS that you have,

as it is not related to gastritis, heart burn, and menstrual related,

You need to undergo an ultrasound once when you are free,

What treatment you are taking for IBS?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not taking anything for it.

I suggest you to take a probiotic supplement for one month,

Limit the spicy food. don't eat high gas foods like cauliflower, brocoli

Avoid wheat, barley

Take fibre supplements like metamucil

Take bentyl when ever you have pain

Hope this helps. please follow the advice, and it will be helpful.

I tried to evaluate all the possible and symptoms and help you.

Now, I request you to leave a positive rating [from 3 to 5 stars], only then I'm compensated formy time I spent with you

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya