OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife is 66 years old she has bleeding from the

Customer Question
colen.about a month she sopping...
my wife is 66 years old she has bleeding from the colen.about a month she sopping with a few blood clods then she quit for about three weeks. this morning she started bleeding quite heavy.the blood is bright red also passed a large blood clod. please help out and what I should do.really concered.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
4/18/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

a light colour is a sign of fresh bleeding, when it continues in this strength I would recommend an imminent examination to decide about the need of surgery. So please visit the next outpatient clinic.

All the best for your wife, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello. This question was reposted. Do you need information? Has your wife been examined for this problem? Does she have painless bleeding, or does it hurt? Where does it hurt? If she is bleeding bright blood, she should go to the emergency room for an emergency sigmoidoscopy, where they look into the rectum and sigmoid colon with a scope and cauterize the bleeding area. It can be curative and also give you a diagnosis as to cause. This can all be done emergently, she may not even have to be admitted. Please get back to me if you have questions about this and I will reply. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****

Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician