Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

My wife is 66 years old she has bleeding from the colen.about

Customer Question

my wife is 66 years old she has bleeding from the colen.about a month she sopping with a few blood clods then she quit for about three weeks. this morning she started bleeding quite heavy.the blood is bright red also passed a large blood clod. please help out and what I should do.really concered.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.
Hello,a light colour is a sign of fresh bleeding, when it continues in this strength I would recommend an imminent examination to decide about the need of surgery. So please visit the next outpatient clinic.All the best for your wife, kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello. This question was reposted. Do you need information? Has your wife been examined for this problem? Does she have painless bleeding, or does it hurt? Where does it hurt? If she is bleeding bright blood, she should go to the emergency room for an emergency sigmoidoscopy, where they look into the rectum and sigmoid colon with a scope and cauterize the bleeding area. It can be curative and also give you a diagnosis as to cause. This can all be done emergently, she may not even have to be admitted. Please get back to me if you have questions about this and I will reply. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****