Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Is there any chance that a women can... is there any

Customer Question

Hi is there any chance that a women can...
Hi is there any chance that a women can have periods and also be pregnant? As I have had sex in Jan and I have got my periods after that 3 times and everything were on time and normal . Am I pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today. Many women have bleeding in pregnancy that is easily mistaken for "normal" periods. So bleeding by itself isn't a sign that a woman is not pregnant. If there is any suspicion at all that pregnancy is possible, we run a pregnancy test. No matter if there has been a "period" or not. Please reply if I can clarify anything o r add details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information possible for your situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi me and my husband had sex in Jan on the last day of my period and then I got three periods on time and they were all normal . The evacuation dint take place inside me . To be precise my periods dates were 9 to 14 Jan and 4 to 8 feb and 2 to7 March and again in 28 March to April 2. Do you think Im pregnant . This is my case and also we haven't done anything for that till now and I am normal and I don't feel any changes in my body
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't missed any of my periods after we ha our sex in January doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor r u there
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
So it sounds like you're not having any symptoms of pregnancy. So chances of pregnancy are lower but not zero. Tp be 100% sure, you'd need to run a home urine pregnancy test. They turn positive at 14 days after a woman has gotten pregnant. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But he did not come inside me as it was the last day of my period . And after that I got my periods on time for 3 times as I have given dates to you . And we haven't did anything after that till now . Even then do u think I need to take a test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My periods lasted for 5 days and all were regular like every time I get them
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
If there was no pre-cum inside the vagina, the risk of pregnancy is zero, so no need to take a test. But if you continue to be worried, it's always best to take a test so a woman can be 100% free of worry. Pregnancy worries are very unpleasant. Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if have complete full stretch periods of 5 days every month and still you can be pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
The bleeding isn't reliable to tell 100% for sure a woman isn't pregnant. But if there was no ejaculation or pre-cum in the vagina, there is zero risk of pregnancy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Generally do you get periods on full stretch every month till ur conceived a baby ? Is it true Doctor . Is there any chance of you getting periods for complete 8 to 9 times and can u give a birth to baby? Is it possible
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
There are stories of women who continue to have bleeding during pregnancy and this bleeding can be confused with "normal" periods. Also some women have not normal patterns of bleeding before getting pregnant so are missing months of periods, but then get pregnant. So gynecologists do not rely on the bleeding pattern when trying to figure out if a woman is pregnant or not. We 100% rely on a pregnancy test. If it;s negative at 14 days after the sex and the first urine of the morning is used, then the woman is not pregnant. Is that clear? I want to make sure you have the information that you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but there is no changes in my body I can feel and also the pre cum has not been into my vagina. And everything is normal with my health and also no changes in my body till date . That's the reason I want to ask you. If I m pregnant or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to clarify. Because this has been done 4 months back n we did not have sex after that in January so I dint take any test till date because everything is normal to me. Since I got a doubt I wanted to clarify
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't sound like pregnancy is possible. If there was no pre-cum and no body changes are noticed and periods are coming, then risk of pregnancy sounds very very low. Anything else I can help with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing unusual in my body or anything. All are on time and all are normal doctor and we haven't had sex after January till date . So u think I am not pregnant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All my periods were also on time and every period was normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have had sex in the month of September 2015 and after that I have got all my periods on time and also all were normal. I did not miss any of my period till now. I don't find any body changes in me. I haven't got a bloated stomach I didn't put on weight . Everything seems normal. All my periods were on time n normal. Can I be pregnant still if I miss my period next time if we didn't do anything since September
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
If you haven't had sex since September and have no symptoms at all, and no skipped periods and aren't showing a stomach, then no you're not pregnant. Please leave a rating for my service. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I miss my next period I am not pregnant right?? We haven't had sex any recently .. So I am not pregnant right .
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right from the information you've given me. It wouldn't be possible. Please rate my service at this time. I won't be able to help you anymore without some feedback for how I've done.