How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 18447
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem with burning vulva. Dr. Manos did not have

Customer Question

I have a problem with burning vulva. Dr. Manos did not have an answer. Over the years I have tried 4 GYNS, primary care dr. I do have other health issues but the burning is keeping me homebound. I am now using Clobetasol & Lidocaine5%. Other doctors just ignore it. Thanks for the offer anyway.
JA: Excuse me?
Customer: Did you get the message?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Gynecologist before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.What evaluation has been done for the burning?Have you been tried on any medicines for the burning beyond the clobetasol and lidocaine that you are currently using?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back. I did review your other questions, and there are a couple of comments that are pertinent. The other expert is correct that there are some women that have pain and burning of the vulva with no clear cause that an be identified. However, since you are diagnosed with neuropathy elsewhere, it is possible that the neuropathy is affecting the nerves to the vulva. The other major comment is that when someone is having significant symptoms that cannot be explained, then it would be appropriate to consider being seen at a teaching/research hospital. The doctors at these facilities have more experience in diagnosing rare diseases or unusual presentations. In addition, thee are the facilities at which new technologies are being developed, so these doctors may be able to offer diagnostic or therapeutic approaches that are not yet available to community physicians.