Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I might need a hysterectomy; what are the risks?

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The risks vary based on your particular situation, why you need the surgery and what type of hysterectomy you are having. Here are some excellent web sites from highly respected sources that should be able to -- in addition to discussions with your surgeon -- give you a very good idea of what to expect:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/types-of-hysterectomy-surgery/img-20007786

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/abdominal-hysterectomy/home/ovc-20178788

https://www.nwhn.org/hysterectomy/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwosK4BRCYhsngx4_SybcBEiQAowaCJcp1d0f_gcmiQhhNFGzwIgb0kt-4jyW-bqGw7mbNausaArx38P8HAQ

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the type of hysterectomy is called..the deVinci hysterectomy.

That is just another way to do minimally invasive laproscopic surgery.

The risks depend on the experience of your surgeon, your underlying pathology and your co-morbid states.

The best, ***** ***** only place to get a good answer to "what are my surgical risks" is from your surgeon.

Make sense?

I hope the data I provided above helped you.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS