How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LaKrystal Warren Your Own Question
LaKrystal Warren
LaKrystal Warren,
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 45
Experience:  Physician at Contemporary Women's Care
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
LaKrystal Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 25 years old female, and i noticed smooth spots on my

Customer Question

I am 25 years old female , and i noticed white smooth spots on my pubic area like 2 to 3 years ago, they dont hurt they dont itch i dont even feel them, i just dont like the way they look and they make me feel insecure, they look like pimple scars but they are white in color , i used to wax this area then i used the razor and the laser treatment for the hair there, i had some pimples there caused by ingrown hairs , i wonder what these spots may be , if they are herpes or maybe just pimple scars or maybe something else , and i need to know the treatment please , thanks in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am an OB/GYN and can help you with this. Based on what you are describing, the spots could be scars from prior ingrown hairs or flat genital warts. If they have been present for 2-3 years, the spots are unlikely to be herpes. Genital warts are usually flesh colored and may be raised or close to the skin. They do not hurt or itch and they may disappear on their own. In contrast, herpes lesions are painful, only last 7 days, and do not leave scars. If the spots are scars, sometimes laser treatment or fade creams can be used. If they are genital warts, they can be removed with laser or a knife, or they can be destroyed with topical therapy. The only way to know for sure is to have the areas biopsied. If you would like to upload a picture, I can review it to better guide you to the next step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for the very fast and detailed answer as I tried sending my problem to other sites and the result wasnt so satisfying, so here are the pictures , tried to make them as clear as possible , you may notice that my skin is peeling from some spots that is because I have been using "Ret-avit " for a week it has Tretinoin , please tell me if the picture helps you spot the problem and if "Ret-avit " may help me with it, if not what is the recommended medicine to use? Thanks a lot in advance
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the picture does help a lot. It does not look like genital warts or herpes at all. It looks more like dilated pores. Ret-avit may help and is fine to use, however, I recommend cleaning with a mild cleanser like Cetaphil daily and exfoliating the area with a gentle skin scrub. If you do this daily, you should notice improvement over time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can you recommend another medicine that can help me with this ? something that exfoliates deeper or maybe faster ? and how long is it going to take ?
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.

This is not a problem that started overnight, so unfortunately it cannot be fixed overnight. You need to use a skin exfoliant solution with 2% BHA (Paula's Choice or other brand) each day and a moisturizer that contains BHA (Paula's choice or other brand). You should notice an improvement in 2-4 weeks. If no improvement, you should make an appointment with a dermatologist to discuss further options.