OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had unprotected sex and took a plan. Then had unprotected

Customer Question
Hello. I had unprotected sex...
Hello. I had unprotected sex and took a plan b. Then had unprotected sex 4 days later and took another plan b. I know this is not the smartest thing to do. Regardless, I started feeling flutters none stop for 1 week and a half. Also, I feel bloated and it looks like my belly is bigger. Is it possible that I am pregnant?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
4/12/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

What is your age?

When did you have your last menstrual period(LMP)?

On what dates you had the unprotected sex ?

After how much time of these unprotected sex you took plan B?

Any changes you noted in breast or nipples ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
29 for my age
Last menstrual period 21 March 2016
29 March and 2 April unprotected sex
Plan b on 30 March and 3 April
No changes noted in breast or nipples
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Plan b on 31 March actually

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply & all the info.

Please wait for the answer.It may take upto 5-7 minutes.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also I took pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative

Dear customer

Thank you for staying online.

The symptoms you have described of feeling flutters & having bloated feeling & appearing belly to be bigger does not seem to be due to pregnancy.

These are the side affect of plan B pills as you have taken them twice with very short interval of 4 days because you had another unprotected sexual intercourse.

You have taken both the plan B at the right time to avoid pregnancy.

The most common side affect of plan B are:

• Nausea
  • Bloating
  • Lower abdominal cramps
  • Tiredness
  • Headache
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • Flutters(because of overdosage)

The bloating has caused your belly to bulge.To get relief Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly in treating abdominal discomfort.

So bot***** *****ne is that your symptoms are not because of pregnancy but due to side affect of the hormonal pills of plan B.

Hope this helped

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor