How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LaKrystal Warren Your Own Question
LaKrystal Warren
LaKrystal Warren,
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 45
Experience:  Physician at Contemporary Women's Care
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
LaKrystal Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have inflammation and pain in my vagina what is the cause?

Customer Question

I have inflammation and pain in my vagina what is the cause?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am an OB/GYN and can help you with this. There are many causes for for inflammation and pain in the vagina. The most common cause is a yeast infection. Symptoms of this infection are usually redness and discomfort on the outside of your vagina (vulva), discomfort on the inside of your vagina, thick, white discharge, and vaginal itching. Other causes could be frequent sex, irritation from soaps or deodorants, using over the counter feminine washes, douching, or using feminine or baby wipes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I use for pain?
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.

You can take Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) up to 800 mg every 6 hours with food. You can also use cold compresses or ice for discomfort. During the time that you are having discomfort, you should not have sexual intercourse. If any of the above things may be irritating you, you should stop using them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I use monistant?
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can use monistat over the counter for yeast infection symptoms. You can use as directed on the box. There will be a tube of cream that you can use on the outside and an applicator to use inside your vagina. If symptoms are not better in one week, you should make an appointment with your doctor.