Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

About a week and a half ago I discovered a hard lump near

Customer Question

About a week and a half ago I discovered a hard lump near bikini line. Over a week later, it is still there but it is less hard and seems more like a pimple. It's darker than my skin color and upon close examination appears to maybe have a white center.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is only one, single bump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, it isn't painful or anything .
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

If you could take a picture, you can attach the picture using the paper clip here. That would be helpful in identifying the lump. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the best pic I could get

Thank you. It doesn't look like anything serious.

It looks somewhat reddened, so I think it's somewhat inflamed.

It's likely an ingrown hair or a sebaceous cyst (blocked oil gland) that is mildly infected.

I would treat it with heat (moist washcloth covered by a heating pad twice daily. If it goes away, you can forget about it. If it stays, it may be a sebaceous cyst, and they can stay for a lifetime.

If it gets bigger or is otherwise bothersome, then I'd see your doctor. If there is any question, it can be removed easily with local anesthesia. Best wishes.