Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm just bleeding when I put my tampon in. I'm not bleeding

Customer Question

I'm just bleeding when I put my tampon in. I'm not bleeding on the toilet paper at all. Do you know why this would be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome,

This can be because of collected blood in vagina which is very small in quantity so soaking tampon while putting in but no free flow. If the bleeding is slight and not associated with any other symptom nothing to worry about.

let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is probably just because the tampon is getting to the menstrual blood before it has a chance to free flow. Is it alright if it stays like this my entire period?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is what i am telling you. Usually menstrual flow increases and if you do not use tampon than it would get a chance to come out as well. Nothing to worry about.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Wish you good health.