OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a question about who is the father of my baby

Customer Question
Hi I have a question...
Hi I have a question about who is the father of my baby
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/4/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

Please give me more details.

Have you had an early ultrasound? If so, when was it done, and how far were you?

When did you have sex with the different partners? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had an ultra sound I am 6 weeks and three days they pin pointed that I ovulated on th1or 2 of March my last period was fen 16th I broke up with my boyfriend but we got back together and had intercourse unprotected on March 2nd we have been trying to get pregnant for a year but the catch is that before I got back with my boyfriend I was with my friend four days before that he did not ejaculate in me he pulled out I also had sex with him 4 days after I ovulated because me and my boyfriend Jamie got into a fight but I know for sure that on March 2nd when I was ovulating my boyfriend Jamie and I were together and he did not pull out and I just felt and new I got pregnant with him I want to know what you think the percentage is of my boyfriend Jamie being the father my current obgyn doctor told me 75 percent chance it is his and 22 percent that it's my friend masons
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you ovulate it's only one day to 48 hours you can get pregnant right well that's when I was with my boyfriend jamie
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fact I had sex four days prior to my ovulation date with my friend is there a chance it is his and also four days after my ovulation date but in between that I was with my boyfriend on the night I ovulated so I just know that's when I got pregnant
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you think?

An ultrasound at 6 weeks can tell us approximately the day you ovulated and conceived, but that will be accurate within only about 5-7 days. There is actually no way we can know for sure when you ovulated other than by doing an ultrasound at the time and seeing ovulation occur.

Since you had sex with your other friend 4 days before and 4 days after, the ultrasound can't be sure that conception didn't occur on those days, since they are within the possible error range.

Since your boyfriend ejaculated inside, and your other friend pulled out, that makes it far more likely that your boyfriend is the father.

It's difficult to put a percentage on the likelihood, but I would tend to agree with your doctor about 75/25 for your boyfriend. Partly it depends on whether your other friend pulled out in time. If he did, the likelihood if greater for your boyfriend.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have I lost you or are you typing a response?:)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wrong number it is(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had numbers backwards my phone number is(###) ###-####

If you want to be certain, it's possible to know by DNA testing on a sample of blood from you after 8 weeks plus a sample from your boyfriend.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am waiting for your answer I hope I did not just waste 40 dollars can you call me

Your payment didn't go through, which is why I haven't called you.

Please click the Help button so that the moderators can assist with your payment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My doctor pinpointed my ovulation date exactly on March 1st though
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had and ultrasound at four weeks too and that is how she pinpointed my ovulation occurred on March 1st
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you confirm that for me please

As I mentioned, there is no way your doctor can pinpoint your ovulation date closer than about 5-7 days either way. The ultrasound measures the length of the fetus and compares that to a chart showing average lengths. But it's just not precise to a day or so. All we can say is that your ovulation date was close to that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I no longer want to use you as my Expert and I want another Expert.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. When you had sex the second time with the friend did he also pull out again? When the egg is released it stays in the Fallopian tube and that's where the egg and sperm get together. It takes a lot of sperm to help the one sperm penetrate the egg. If one of the guys pulled out both times then there wouldn't have been enough to work. Most likely the boy friend was the one.
If you knew that it was the friend would you do anything different with the pregnancy?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He pulled out both times the second time which was after my ovulation date I felt like I was already pregnant when me and my boyfriend had I tours I March 2nd I was ovulating based on what my obgyn Doctor said and I remember I was so worried that I could have got pregnant with my boyfriend I did not have those feeling NGOs with my other friend so I had intercourse with my boy frien on March second the first day of my last period was feb 16 I also took the morning after pill after I had intercourse with my boyfriend but I waited until 72 hours that makes me believe that the egg and sperm implanted in me o March 2 or 3 Ed because I have used it before and it usually starts my period also it had been a very long time since Jamie my boyfriend had sex so he released a mega amount of sperm in me I remember the days leading up to my ovulation date I was with my friend about four days before and four days after March 2nd I am still going to have the baby regardless my friend does not want it but my boyfriend wants it to be his and for us to raise and be together so I just pray and hope it is his I am stressing about it
If you took the morning after pill and you conceived you must have already ovulated when you took it. It only works when it's before ovulation. You also mentioned prayer and that can make a difference. For prayer to work you accept God's greatest gift to us and it is FAITH. It's not something you think into reality, it's a knowing that was given to you. That is real power that makes a woman know what to do for a child. As a man, I never had that instinct but I have the gift of love and commitment. You should have your man realize that he has it to, love and commitment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I ovulated on the 1st of March could I have conceived on March 2nd when I was with my boyfriend
Conception usually happens in the Fallopian tube a day or two after ovulation then the embryo takes a few days to grow more before dropping down into the uterus.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN