How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 19 years old. I have been feeling rushed of heat in my

Customer Question

Hello, I'm 19 years old. I have been feeling rushed of heat in my face, my face then flushes and I start feeling tired and my head starts hurting. I also have been having a unique taste in my mouth. I had my period this month the 15-18th and it started again on the 28th. I also have been taking birth control Microgestin 1/20 for about 6 months now. Just wondering what this symptoms can be?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Fast heat beats, diarrhea, high blood pressure? Does anything make them better or worse? When did they start? Are they consistent? Are they getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered them? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Is your stress increased at home or work just before the symptoms started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5'3. 210lbs. No. Not that I've noticed. Cold air helps, heat or extra clothes makes it worse. Started probably a week and a half ago. No. Nothing I have noticed is a trigger, randomly occurs. No. No. No, just birth control. My grandmother on my father's side has hormonal imbalances and went through menopause early. Not that I've noticed.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You could have hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome. You should see an OB & GYN doctor to have ultrasound.