How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got an HSG done at the hospital. It's a procedure that

Customer Question

Hi I got an HSG done at the hospital. It's a procedure that injects a contrast liquid but this liquid went outside my uterus it hurt so much. I know I signed something . Can I do something about it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

An obstructing mucous plug or other debris in the tube or tubes could have been dislodged by constant pressure on the syringe. You don't need to worry about it. Take over-the-counter pain medication. It the pain is very severe and consistent, you should go to ER although uterine perforation is uncommon during the procedure.