OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have MRSA that is clearing up. Last week I was supposed to

Customer Question
have laparoscopic hysteroscopy and polyps...
I have MRSA that is clearing up. Last week I was supposed to have laparoscopic hysteroscopy and polyps removed from my uterus. I had notified the PA during presurgical testing that I was being treated for a MRSA outbreak that was drying up- applying mupirocin to site, nostrils, and belly button, and 2x per day of 100mg of Doxycycline. Right after the nurse inserted the IV in my hand, my fertility specialist came into the room to try and convince me not to do surgery. If I'm being treated like with antibiotics, bleach bathing, and bathing with hibaclens-why couldn't he perform the surgery? I am looking for another doctor, but I am afraid of telling them I have MRSA in fear I will be blacklisted again. My doctor won't return my phone calls. I have severe pelvic pain and I can't get pregnant. This is frustrating and I feel alone. I didn't ask for this! I'm a healthy young woman in her 30s who wants to have another child. Along with my reproductive problems (septate uterus and polyps), I didn't need to contract CA-MRSA from someone who doesn't practice proper hygiene. Can a reproductive surgery be performed on me if I have MRSA? I've had one miracle baby before via c-section. I'm sorry for the lengthy question.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/25/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

this is Dr. David

bleach bathing is too much. just do the hibiclens baths and use mupirocin to the nose and belly button and doxycycline

you should get a wound culture of your nose and belly button from an infectious disease specialist

once this MRSA flare up has gone away, you can have the laprarospopic surgery.

have you consulted with an infectious disease doctor about your MRSA yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear Dr. David,
No, I have not contacted an Infectious Disease doctor yet, but I spoke with my dermatologist today and we both agreed that is the next step--I never even thought of it. I take the bleach baths with the concerns of passing it to my two year old. It's just once per week, but if that's too extreme, I can stop. I'm just getting a lot of conflicting advice. MRSA has really messed with my head, and I'm usually quite the level headed person, but ever since I've been diagnosed with this, I feel like I'll never get a handle on it. Thank you for the offer for the phone call, but my husband will think I'm insane. I really appreciate your advice! When is the MRSA flare up really gone though? When the lesion heals? Frustrating. Thank you so much again!

redness of the skin doesn't mean you have MRSA

you need repeat skin cultures of your bellybutton and also your nose to see if MRSA is still there

I would stop the bleach baths. those are not helping.

do see an infectious disease doctor.

you may have cleared the MRSA infection with hibiclens and mupirocin already.

US

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor