Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

On Monday I felt a burning sensation down from my clitoris.

Customer Question

On Monday I felt a burning sensation down from my clitoris. I took a mirror and looked and noticed what looks like a canker sore/ulcer. Then yesterday noticed another one on the inner lip of my vagina and the tonight noticed two more small ones same side right around the same area. I'm panicking that I have hiv or herpes or something awful. I'm literally beside myself and am terrified.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Do you have itchy. painful bumps and lesions in or around the vagina?

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Do you have pain during urination?

Any other health or medical problems

Can you please share picture.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached pictures and then would like to call if that's ok
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Thanks for sharing clear pictures. Sorry to say but, i am not be available for Live phone call.

I can answer your questions by chat mode.

I need little more information, before giving my answer-

Do you have pain during urination?

Any other health or medical problems

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the ulcers that I took pictures of but it doesn't not hurt to urinate. It is uncomfortable when I wipe after using the restroom because the toilet paper touches them. I have slept with multiple people and not used protection every time. I currently have a boyfriend and to my knowledge we are exclusively sleeping together unless he's cheating lol I have in the past had abnormal paps because I do have hpv. I've been under a lot of stress with a job change and my mother is dying of brain cancer and was just put on hospice. So I thought that might be the cause. I do have some vaginal discharge but it didn't worry me because I am getting ready to start my period and I always have discharge right before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They really don't itch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe a little itching sensation but not very much
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I am sorry to hear about your mother's health.

Well, Yes, it is possible that you may have a sexually transmitted infection (STI) or from another condition, like dermatitis caused by allergies or irritants.

You need to consult a doctor , they should evaluate any genital bumps or sores to determine the cause and prevent potentially dangerous medical complications.

The most common possibilities with such symptoms are-

-genital herpes,

-genital warts,

-chancroid (a bacterial disease),

-syphilis,

-molluscum contagiosum (a viral skin infection with pearly nodules).

There are also condition like-

-Vulvovaginitis

-contact dermatitis

these 2 condition are not STD.

It is possible that your boyfriend, may have any of such infection and he may not have any visible symptoms, But still he can transmit it to you.

Such sores, are not indicative of HIV.

Your doctor will perform a pelvic exam and ask you about your medical history.

For precise diagnosis, blood work and a culture of the sore can be done.

I have reviewed pictures and from description it sound to be related with sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Please don't get panic, and should urgently get clinical examination done by your doctor.

And according to diagnosis, management would be advised.

Please see your doctor at the earliest.

God bless you and Take care.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An STI ? What's the difference between that and an STD? Shpuld i go like tomorrow? That urgent or could I wait until I get back to Texas next week which is where I live. I don't see how it could be genital warts because these look just like a canker sore or ulcer in your mouth maybe just smaller. What do you think it sounds like the most?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Well STI stands for sexually transmitted infection.

I would make clear that not all sexually transmitted infections turn into a disease. Like- majority of women who contract HPV will not develop the resulting disease cervical cancer. In fact, most cases of infection will clear up within two years. So, STI doesn’t always mean you have an STD.

Yes, it would be better, early diagnosis would be very useful. You can try to see your doctor by tomorrow.

It can be herpes or syphilis.

Yes, doesn't appear like warts.

A clinical examination and blood work and a culture of the sore can be done for precise diagnosis.

Please get it examined from your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You think it is either herpes or syphillis ? I can try to get into a doctor here. If I can't get in to see an OBGYN should I go to an urgent care clinic ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel awful that you think it's those and nothing else. I'm panicking.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Yes, herpes is the most common possibility. Please see your doctor by tomorrow.

A early diagnosis is always very helpful.

Unprotected sex can always be risky, and may have caused such infection.

Please don't panic and start with a clinical examination by your doctor.

God bless you and Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. But you do not think it sounds like I have hiv?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

It doesn't sound to be HIV.

HIV starts with early symptoms like- mild flu-like symptoms, including fever, headache, and lack of energy.

After this, one may have swollen glands, night sweats, skin rash, breathing problem.

In your case, it doesn't relate with HIV.

God bless you and Take care.