OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Can vaginal tearing be associated with spironolactone? I was

Customer Question
Can vaginal tearing be associated...
Can vaginal tearing be associated with spironolactone?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I was started on spironolactone several months ago for acne mainly effecting my back and thought to be stress and androgen excess related. For last month I have treated myself twice for a yeast infection because I had itching and burning but no actual discharge. Today I noticed I have tears in the external region with burning
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No im married and have not been sexual active in the last month so i dont think that is a cause
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/23/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

spironolactone has no influence on the vaginal flora, so it cannot cause symptoms like that. More likely it has an infectious reason, so please contact your OB/GYN for a smear examination, treatment then depends on the result.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele