How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abid Your Own Question
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently got married and I was a. When my. Husband and I

Customer Question

Hi so I recently got married and I was a virgin. When my. Husband and I tried to have sex the first time he broke my Hymen and it hurt like hell. Then that caused a uti and I went to urgent care and got meds and it got better. Ever since then he wants to try again but I got so traumatized the first time I always freak out. I don't try to and I want to have sex but I'm really worried about the pain. How do I get over this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

This happens after first time intercourse , as Hymen is rich of nerve supply and rupture of Hymen leads to pain .

It would be ideal for you to have vaginal lubricants/anesthetist while having intercourse .

Some time vaginal muscle spasm could be the reason , so relax yourself .

Gradually this will go away .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Are you there ...