OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My obgyn says my due date is August 1st from ultrasound my

Customer Question
last period was Oct 25...
My obgyn says my due date is August 1st from ultrasound my last period was Oct 25 and I took a pregnancy test the weeks estimater on Thanksgiving day can u tell me my conception date
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Um all I know for sure is aug 1 is the due date by ultrasound
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: Um no I'm just trying to find out my conception date
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/15/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. C., Board Certified replied 1 year ago
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about this confusion. Let me look at the dates. It will take just a few minutes. Then I'll get back to you with what I think

Ultrasounds are the most accurate way to tell conception date. If the ultrasound was done before the end of January, it's accurate to within 3 days. In that case, the most likely day of conception was November 7th with a range of November 4th through the 10th.

But because sperm can live for 3-5 days, sex as early as October 31st could have resulted in this pregnancy.

I hope this is good news. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or add details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wat about sex from October the 30tg
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my ultrasound was done the beginning of march

If the ultrasound wasn't done until the beginning of March, the error would be bigger. The range would be November 7th with a range of November 1st to 14th. With sperm living for 5 days, the earliest sex would be October 27th. So yes sex on October 30th could have resulted in this pregnancy.

Anything else?

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified