OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Dear doctor, My mother is experiencing pain i lower abdomen

Customer Question
Dear doctor, My mother is experiencing...
Dear doctor,
My mother is experiencing pain i lower abdomen sometimes.But when she urinates,passes gas she feels relaxed.Why she is facing such issues?Her age is 49yrs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/15/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Does your mother has any known medical illness?

Any tests done so far?

Has she menopaused?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she menopaused
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she suffered from hepatitis E in 2014
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We havent done any test
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there any thing to worry about
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please reply

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms your mother is having can be due to a condition called gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

To prevent gas avoid taking fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.Stop taking all those things that irritate your stomach or cause your symptoms to flare up. Don't talk and chew at the same time. This causes to swallow air, which may cause gas.Chew food slowly and eat smaller meals.

There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous.She can take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help her greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then she may need an ultrasound of abdomen.

Usually & most likely her symptoms will get treated with these above described medications.

Hope this helped

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
doctor is anything related to ovaries
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is currently taking some calcium tablets and cholestrol medicine

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

No,it does not seem her symptoms is related to any ovarian disease or from pelvic organs.

Gastritis/stomach disease seems to be the probable cause.

Taking above described medications will help her greatly to relieve the symptoms.

Hope this helped

Thank you.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear doctor
Sorry to trouble you,But now a days she is almost experience this pain everyday
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was reading on the net regarding these kinds of pain.So, got t know that this might result to some dangerous scenario .so thought of posting the query on your site.Please help me

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As I said above that first you need to give above described medications.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then I will advise an ultrasound scan to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

As she is having only one symptom of pain in lower abdomen,so it is difficult to narrow down the diagnosis & tell the exact diagnosis.

So bot***** *****ne is first give her the above described medications& then accordingly ultrasound abdomen will be done.

When you rad on internet,you can see a wide list various causes of such pain & some of them may be serious.But the reality & practical clinical diagnosis based on real symptoms is totally different.

So it does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous as of now.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor