OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I've had this odor for a time and nothing seems to get rid

Customer Question
I've had this odor for...
I've had this odor for a long time and nothing seems to get rid of it im at my whits end because people are talking about me and its nothing i have done thatwork
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I have fibroids im menepausal i have had all kind of atiboitic nothing solves the problem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I have a enlarge uterus too
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/13/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. From what you say you've been seen by Gyn and have used some creams and or antibiotic pills. You continue to have an odor. You're menopausal and you have fibroids. I have some questions that might help. First how sexually active are you and do you have a committed partner or spouse? Does the odor change after intercouse? Does your partner complain of an odor? Synthetic or cotton underwear? Do you sleep with underwear? Have you looked at diet as far as asparagus, garlic, alcohol and even coffee? Do you use scented bath soaps? Finally, is there itching or burning associated with your concern?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sexually active im not conforbale and to smelly i had all those iussue you ask about and still the same results i can now smell my self im at the end of my whits
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are my last resorts a hysterectamy ive had embolism that might have effect my other organs im desperate its affecting my guality of life job and being around people can this be solved for once and all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Something might be leaking that should be going somewhere else or either dead fibroids all i know this been a problem for this is not normal but i deal with it everyday for years

Hello, I'm Dr Manos,M.D., board certified ObGyn. Odor is a vague symptom when not associated with three basic infections or inflammation. Yeast vaginitis, trichimonas vaginitis or bacterial vaginosis are diagnosed and treated appropriately. Other complaints of discharge and odor are not clear cut and I've had forty years of experience. I know the vaginal lubrication that is produced during the arousal phase of sex helps with cleansing the area but must be cleaned up with some soap and water. Some odor arises from the vaginal urethral vestibule and should be cleansed between the labia once or twice per day. I imagine the infections have been ruled out. Using this form of consultation is limited by not a traditional doctor patient interaction. If you have washed with some soap and water I have no others suggestions

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN