OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I got treated 4 days a go for chlamydia and I still have

Customer Question
pain and feel discharge how...
I got treated 4 days a go for chlamydia and I still have pain and feel discharge how long does it normally take for it to stop
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/13/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

if there´s not yet a recovery after this time, it seems like there is still an infection existing. So please visit your doctor for another examination, treatment then depends on the result.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had unprotected sex with a new partner 9 days a go then 8 days a go with my wife that's 9 months pregnant then started feeling burning pain when urinating and also keep feeling discharge #1 what would you think I caught and what's the chance I gave it over to my wife I did take a urin test 4 days a go did not get back the results as of now
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

I would recommend a laboratory examination of an urethra smear. This is the best way to make a reliable diagnosis, then it can be decided wether your wife will nead a treatment too.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I have 1 time sex with girl that has gonorrhea or chlamydia what's the % of me getting it and what is the difference between the 2
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

These are different germs, both can cause an inflammation. The risk to get infected by intercourse is about 50:50.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele