How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr David Your Own Question
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 45950
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pid and have been suffering from it past 9years I was

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have pid and have been suffering from it for the past 9years I was raped when I was 13 which is the cause of the diese I have been to numerous doctors and gynaecologist and have had several laprescotmys I have been told I can't have children at all I'm trying to get my tubes taken out or a hysterectomy but am being refused and it's affecting my day to day life I'm constantly in pain and at the hospital can't work because of it has pretty much taken over my life
No one will help me and I just don't know what to do anymore its effecting me mentally as its been going on for to long now I just want someone to help me and not be in pain everyday I just want to live my life and work but can't as this is stopping me from being able to live my life I'm 24 and really have come to a dead end I just need someone that will help and understand me as its out of hand but I'm being refused by doctors and gynaecologists and it's really effecting my mental health as I just don't know what to do anymore so if you could please help me or tell me someone that could that would be great my number is(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have had this pelvic inflammatory disease

it sounds like you have a lot of scar tissue in your abdomen and pelvis.

most likely removing your uterus and fallopean tubes will not help decrease your pain and only takes away potential future fertility issues.

the more surgery you have in your pelvis, the more scar tissue develops.

you should consult with a pain management doctor about your pelvic pain

you might benefit from nerve blocks to help decrease pain from your pelvis.

medications like cymbalta could help decrease pain and help with depression

nerve pain medications like gabapentin can help decrease nerve pain and could help decrease pain

Elavil or amytriptyline can help decrease nerve pain and could help you sleep better at night time as well

you should talk to your doctors about these options.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using