Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My daughter had a CAT scan 2 days ago. they found up to a

Customer Question

my daughter had a CAT scan 2 days ago. they found up to a 7.2 cm fibroid and 2.1 right adnexal cyst. what does this mean?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Nicole has had stomach pains for approx 1 week. the pain became unbearable Wednesday night so we went to ER where they did the CAT scan
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once I pay the $5 do i get the info from dr? or do i need to sign up for the monthly?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How old is your daughter?

Does she have regular periods?

Does she have normal bowel movements? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nicole is 24 yrs old. She recently had problem w constipation which is something she never had an issue w before. Period r regular w bad cramps.

The fibroid is incidental, although it's fairly large for a young woman. It generally doesn't cause pain.

The pain might be caused by the cyst, although it's a small cyst, and they usually don't cause pain unless they rupture or leak.

The pain might be related to the constipation. It would require a good exam and further testing to figure it out.