OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had symptoms of a uti a month ago (I was on antibiotics

Customer Question
Hi. I had symptoms of...
Hi. I had symptoms of a uti a month ago (I was on antibiotics for sinus infection) my urinalysis showed trace blood at that time and I was prescribed cipro. Before I had gone I had taken a cipro 2 days prior. Symptoms eased a bit. So anyways, everything seemed to clear. Then about a week ago uti symptoms. Pressure in my pelvis area, no burning but frequent urination. It never burned or anything just the pressure. And it was in my mind that I kept thinking I was leaking urine. Started cipro. Days would ease then I would still get up thru the night on some nights and keep having to pee. So a few days ago I noticed burning, and I was back to frequently urinating like I was back to square one. Like my crotch is on fire sometimes. Also, I'm sorry for being too descriptive but it is slightly reddened on the inside of my vagina. And I noticed my clitoral area hurt. My question, could this all be a yeast infection? Frequent urination as well? There isn't the clumpy discharge but I noticed some white discharge. And no chance of std, I've been with the same partner for 6+ years. Help please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/10/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., ObGyn. It seems like you have a UTI and probable yeast vaginitis. You need a urine culture and sensitivity and a microscopic exam if any vaginal secretions. You need to get to the bottom of what's going on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in the mean time, what would you suggest to relieve some symptoms. Do you think the YI could cause frequent urination or not typically

If you get some swelling of tissue around the urethral opening it can lead to urgency. You can drink cranberry juice that retards urinary bacteria. It might help if you could get nystatin capsules that we used to use years ago.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN