OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a complete hysterectomy over 20 years ago. I am now 77…

Customer Question
I had a complete hysterectomy...
I had a complete hysterectomy over 20 years ago. I am now 77 yrs old. I have had sever vaginal itching for several months. It is getting worse. I wear a pad for "urine"
leaking" and I do leak sometimes, I change the pad when it gets wet, and wash the area with a lot wash cloth and warm water, but the area is severely itchy. I do not have GYN oB since I have not needed one. What could be causing this etch??and how do I get rid of it? Thank you for an answer.
Ellen Estjs ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
3/8/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

the problem you describe can be caused by a local lack of hormones. This can be resolved by using an estrogen-containing creme like Gynoflor. Please contact an OB/GYN for prescription.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele