OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Ive been having lower back pain

Customer Question
hi ive been having lower...
hi ive been having lower back pain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
3/8/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., ObGyn. What kind of question do you have I imagine having to do with low back pain. Can you share how long you have the pain? Did you hurt yourself under specific circumstances. Do you miss work? You are a female so have you birthed children. Do you use birth control? Does your back feel better when you're off your feet? What seems to make it worse?

hi ive had this pain for about a week now. It feels like when i am about to get my period but that is about 10 days away still (maybe because I am usually not regular). No i did not hurt my back and no I do not miss work but am very uncomfortable during the day. No I have not birthed any children. And no my back seems to hurt more when im laying down or sitting but it is still constant no matter what I am doing. I was looking online and it said that this could be a very early sign of pregnancy? or some kind of STD? I have also been very bloated the past couple of days since the back pain started.I was on birth control for only a week and then stopped taking it because it was making me feel sick. this was the 16th of feb and i stopped taking it on i think the 24th? Could this be causing it?
Also, I started taking that birth control on the first day of my period. When I stopped taking it, only after a week, I had a lighter 3 day bleed.. Does that mean I am not pregnant?

You think you started the bcp's on the first day of your period then stopped the pill after a week. Your low back is hurting when you lie down or sit. You mention STD and that can cause your symptoms. You're not sure about pregnancy. I reccomend that you could do a urine pregnancy test, see a doctor or clinic about possible STD. I hope you don't have an STD that is spreading into your Fallopian tubes which can cause damage to your tubes and ovaries. Please make sure the pain isn't telling you there is something bad going on. Taking the birth control for only a week shouldn't cause low back pain unless there is an infection of some sort.

It doesn't mean anything. You can have some blood come out from stopping the pill so soon. If you have a question about pregnancy do a pregnancy test. I'm going off line till 7am eastern time now