OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Abnormal bleeding for 3months now, Though a doctor said I…

Customer Question
Abnormal bleeding for 3months...

Abnormal bleeding for 3months now

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.

Though a doctor said I have to do a d&c.but i don't know if there is any drugs.

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?

I did a test in wellstar & it shows uterine thickness.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
3/7/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

How old are you?

Do you have any idea how thick the uterine thickness was?

How were your periods prior to 3 months ago? Thank you.

Hello
20
I have been bleeding all along
Am 30

What do you mean by bleeding all along?

Did you have monthly periods before 3 months ago? And now are you bleeding every day?

Do you use anything for birth control?

I have monthly periods before the irregular bleeding starts
I used provera and prevnar..but still bleeding

Please tell me how you used the provera - for how many days and whether you repeated it.

Prevnar is a vaccination. Is that what you mean?

I took it once a day for 30 days..cos d lady that met wt me said by 7days .d bleeding would stop.but if it doesn't I should continue taking it.until I met wt another doctor the placed me on prevnar..(3pks).he said when I finished taking d 1st pkt.d blood would stop.I Hv finished d 2nd & stil having slight bleeding

I am unable to find a pill called prevnar. Is it a birth control pill? How many pills are in a pack?

Orthonovum
28 are in each pks

Thank you.

Most abnormal bleeding like you're having in a young women will be due to hormonal changes, and most will respond to provera or birth control pills.

If the bleeding is significantly better, but you still have slight bleeding, I would give it one more pack of the Ortho Novum. If the bleeding hasn't stopped by then, you may need a D&C, or else a change to a different birth control pill. I think that most likely the bleeding will become normal using the pill, but sometimes it takes a while.

what are the different pills you are suggesting..Cos.Some days I bleed more and change pads up to 3 a day.and sometimes slight for just a pad.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

There are many different birth control pills, of which Ortho Novum is one type. Usually if one doesn't clear up the bleeding, another one will.

Sorry, I'm not able to do phone calls now.

which do u prefer for me.cos i really wanna feel better the way i used to,than this irregular bleeding stuff
it's making me feel uncomfortable

I would see your doctor. After an exam, your doctor can recommend one of the other birth control pills to help to resolve your bleeding.

Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN