How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3064
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am ttc and noticed today during sex it seems like I'm

Customer Question

I am ttc and noticed today during sex it seems like I'm swollen down there to the point of pain. I am still a week from period and a week past ovulation
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: It was almost painful to try to do intercourse (my husband's is abut average length and width) never had this problem before. Like I said we been ttc and I'm on metformin and been doing body temp charts. And I just wanna know is this swelling maybe an early sign of pregnancy
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have pcos I 24 but have always had regular periods and regular ovulations
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Gynecologist responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the swelling. It's hard to say what is going on. It's possible an early sign of pregnancy but it's not certainly something we'd think of right away. More likely would be some kind of allergic reaction to a new lubricant or a flare of a low grade yeast infection.

I wonder if you're having any additional symptoms such as discharge, itching, burning....

If there are no other additional symptoms and it's the first time this has happened, we'd advise to just seek comfort measures for now and see if it goes away on it's own. Comfort measures would be to apply ice packs, baking soda paste, cold plain yogurt, take ibuprofen and perhaps benadryl if allergic reaction is suspected.

Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Any questions?