OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am about 6 weeks pregnant today. Yesterday I had moderate…

Customer Question
I am about 6 weeks...
I am about 6 weeks pregnant today. Yesterday I had moderate period like cramping for about 30 minutes with spotting. When I went to the bathroom, I found a clear, translucent glob about the size of a fingernail. I was able to fish it out and put it in a baggie. It's squishy and does not break apart like mucus would. Immediately after that my spotting and cramping stopped. I've had light intermittent discharge since then that is yellow/pinkish in color without cramping. Any idea what this could be or what it could mean for the pregnancy?
Background Info: I have not yet seen my OBGYN. I have an appointment for next week and I am not able to get any advice from the doctor yet since I am a new patient. I did go to the hospital last week due to brownish discharge and dull ache on my right side. They did a vaginal ultrasound and found everything was normal and confirmed pregnancy of 5 weeks + 2 days.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
I have attached a picture.
Here's another picture.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Thanks for this question

Any other medical issues?

No other medical issues that I am aware of. This is my first pregnancy.

Unfortunately this could be a bad sign for the pregnancy

this is often a sign of a threatened loss of pregnancy

you need to get seen ASAP

Any idea of what this could be specifically? Would it be too late to do anything? I am not able to get an appointment right away with an OB.

You need to go to ER then

you could be losing the early placental tissue.

progesterone can be given to support the pregnancy

go to ER

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply