OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

When are tests positive for a triple test?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
a live Fone call is fine
My results are 1:2353 for triple test about downs syndom
What does that mean?
Hello please I need your help
3/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

it looks like the rest rests for your triple screening for down syndrome shows that you have a one in 2353 chance that your baby could have down syndrome.

which is a very very small chance. which is good.

how old are you?

let me know if you have other questions.

Am 32 years

it looks like you have a super super small chance for down syndrome.

you don't have to worry.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I was very worried but when do I risk to have a baby with Down's syndrome

you don't have to be worried.

women can have increased risks for down syndrome as they get older if their age gets older than 40 or 50 years of age.

is there anything to get worried now, I nearly failed to eat when I received the results. Am 21 weeks now

no, there is nothing to worry about

you need to eat for you and your baby.

you need to calm down your anxiety and worry for you and your baby

you will be fine.

keep taking your prenatal vitamins.

avoid smoking and alcohol

and follow up with your ob/gyn doctor.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com