OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having spotting in-between period and I am over 45 yrs…

Customer Question
I am having spotting...

I am having spotting in-between period and I am over 45 yrs old

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Spotting is light brown and time is during ovulation period I belief

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/29/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. C., Board Certified replied 2 years ago
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your worry about the spotting. But if it truely is just some spotting at time of ovualtion, it's not worrisome. Many women get 1-3 days of such spotting at mid cycle as they get older. That time of the cycle corresponds to a womonal estrogen dip that can destabilize the lining. The doctor may want to check for other causes such as doing an ultrasound to check for polyps or fibroids along the lining. But those cause bleeding that isn't on a cycle. If the bleeding is on a cycle, it almost always is due to hormonal dips.

I hope this was reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.

Any questions?

No thank you

You're welcome. I'm glad to help. Please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks and good luck with your evaluation.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified