OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Message for Dr. K from the OB category only. K! I just

Customer Question
Message for Dr. K from...
Message for Dr. K from the OB category only. Hi Dr. K! I just wanted to check in with you and remind you of how grateful I was for your support during my pregnancy with Emilia. She is doing great. Below I have attached a link to a video of her dancing. Can you believe this is the same fetus I messaged you about worriedly several times a week? Pancake is doing well also, although she and Emilia got into an argument today over a bowl of apple slices. Hope you are well, your girls are well and your beagle is well!
Here's the video: https://flic.kr/p/EnEXRe
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
2/29/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

Aw Thank you for sending the update. I think of you, and Emilia and Pancake often when I am answering questions. I am glad you have happiness. Looking forward to number 2.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Oh good! Has anyone ever been as crazy as me? ;-)

I am still undecided about #2. I'm going to be 35 in June, and I worry about the risk of everything going up--and also miscarriage, since I have PCOS and of course did have that loss before I got pregnant with Emi.

Yes Many have been much crazier :) 35 is not that old. It is quite common today. But everyone has to make that personal choice. :)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yeah, I heard that 40 is more where things get dodgy. Not sure. Not sure. I don't want another child to come in and change my closeness with her. But I also don't want her to be missing out on the sibling experience, but she may have to! More only children being the norm these days.

Certainly true Best of luck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Dr. Kkkkkkk I have a new problem. The other day after sex I bled bright red blood. It didn't last, it was like....maybe a playing card-sized spot on the bed?

Not on my period but I've been irregular since E was born because I'm still breastfeeding (even though she's 2.5 years old.....can't believe I'm still doing it!!!). Also it was bright red which is not usually how my periods start, and also, I at the time had no PMS symptoms at all (usually I feel bloaty). I didn't notice any discomfort with the sex.

I know that I'm one of the few lucky ones who do NOT have HPV (plus we are monogamous)(I know spouses cheat but my husband can barely order a pizza without getting shy so I have no worries there) so that seems to rule out cervical dysplasia, but lately I've thought maybe I have BV because of an odor I've noticed and increased discharge.

Any thoughts?

Been spotting some dark red but very light spotting since then, consistent with old blood coming out, but now it's increasing and I'm starting to be a little crampy so I think it's my period this time.

Obviously I just need to get an annual exam and be done with it. But any thoughts?

Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD