OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

A small sore near the urethral opening, yesterday there was…

Customer Question
A small sore near...
A small sore near the urethral opening, yesterday there was a little bit of blood. No blood todau
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/27/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos M.D. ObGyn. You say a small sore near the urethra. Have you had sexual activity in the last few days. Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease and is there a concern. Do you have a doctor or clinic that can determine the nature of the sore?

Never had an STD, gad sex 4 days ago

If it is tender or painful to the touch or it burns from urine it could be a STD. A questionable sore needs to be swabbed for analysis to narrow the cause. It is important to find out for peace of mind