OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

A small sore near the urethral opening, yesterday there was

Customer Question
A small sore near...
A small sore near the urethral opening, yesterday there was a little bit of blood. No blood todau
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
2/27/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos M.D. ObGyn. You say a small sore near the urethra. Have you had sexual activity in the last few days. Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease and is there a concern. Do you have a doctor or clinic that can determine the nature of the sore?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never had an STD, gad sex 4 days ago

If it is tender or painful to the touch or it burns from urine it could be a STD. A questionable sore needs to be swabbed for analysis to narrow the cause. It is important to find out for peace of mind

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN