OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have taken birth control to control my period for the

Customer Question
Hello, I have taken birth...
Hello, I have taken birth control to control my period for the first time for the holidays. I took yaz and my period still came and it is heavier than usual and longer. It did not help control or stop it. Any suggestions to stop my period. It's very difficult to have my period during my vacation
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/26/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

How regular have your periods been?

When was your last normal period?

When did you start taking the Yaz? Thank you.

My periods have been regular. Last normal period was last month. Feb 10th I started taking yaz for my vacation that started Feb 21st and my period came normally on the 23rd but is heavier and longer than normal. Usually it would be finished by today. The reason why I took it in the first place was to stop it from ruining my vacation.
I read on an earlier thread that you posted that if I triple up my Yaz it could help? Or can it make it worse?
It is urgent and I had to re ask the question to another doctor. Thank you for your time.