Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I was wondering I used to have a girlfriend longest time and

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I was wondering I used to have a girlfriend for the longest time and we never had proctected sex, and now I'm not with her it's almost impossible for me to get an erection with a condom on
What should I do?thx
-Brad
North Carolina
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified ObGyn. I can give you some help about the condom. If there is no concern about a condom, you have a good erection? When you need to use a condom it loses some rigidity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not, and it will last for a few minutes and will come back to neutral. I know I'm young and this should Not happen to me. But I don't even want engage myself in sexual relation because of this lack of erection. I know viagra or Cialis are extreme solution for it. Would you know any plants, types of food, anything that could help thanks. I exposed my self at a few unprotected sex and ended up getting an STD at some point. Nothing very important just a few antibiotics and it was done. So I'm scared
Let me know what you think

I understand your concern with STD and the condom. There is no more an obstruction to arousal and erection than having these thoughts. A buddy of mine, many years ago, would lose the erection the first opportunity with a woman. He felt more confident after the first time and I told hi it was common. Back in those days, the only thing we worried about was gonorrhea and reputations circulated as to who to avoid. At 21 you'll have some performance concerns but the concerns can magnify the problem. Taking the condom out is enough to have a problem. My friend was told to tell the woman and they took it on as a challenge. You can try the same approach. When you have an erection, do you last long enough to have intimacy and not ejaculate to soon. If you get erections watching movies or wake up with one that's good. Viagra might help you when you are older but your thoughts get in the way at times. It's also easier to use a condom with someone you're familiar with.

I haven't seen a response so far, and I'd like to continue or complete the discussion.