Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

My breasts have been really tender and look to be getting

Customer Question

My breasts have been really tender and look to be getting fuller over the last 2 weeks. I took a pregnancy test and it keeps coming back as negative. I've been feeling quite nauseated.
I got my period today, which I shouldn't be getting it for another 3 weeks as my period never comes at the standard time frame. I last had my period 3 weeks ago and they never come for at least 5-6 weeks usually longer after the last period.
This period is clotty and have been feeling extremely sick to the stomach and been having bad cramps which I have never gotten before. I don't know what's going on and it's stressing me out.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified Obgyn. I'd like to answer your question but I need some additional information. First, what do you use for contraception or do you want to be pregnant and have you been pregnant before? Your cycles are not predictable so they are not 28 days from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next. The last one was earlier than expected and clotty with bad cramps. Have you had any weight gain or about how much is your weight. Have you ever been told that your thyroid gland needs to be checked or does diabetes run in your family?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor thank you for responding, I used to take a progesterone only pull as I get severe visual migraines and wasn't allowed to have any other types of contraceptive, there is no diabetes in the family, my thyroid is fine, I haven't gained weight at all and I currently sit at about 53kg. I have been pregnant before however I had a termination due to the situation of falling pregnant. It's been over a year since the termination and my period have been my normal since the termination. This is the first time I have had cramps and it's kept me bed ridden and in tears all day, I've had a bucket next to the bed due to throwing up and I keep getting hit and cold sweats too

It seems like you are having a period that many women have from your symptoms. Your metabolism can effect your ovaries so that the balance of estrogen and progesterone is not controlled properly. So you are not taking a mini progestin pill now so you're on your own so to speak. You should take something like Alleve for cramps if you can keep them down for now. Do you want to get pregnant in the next few years?

Aleve. One L

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not taking the mini pill anymore because it used to make me sick, I've tried taking pain relief for the cramps and using a hot water bottle but neither have worked at all
Yes I do want to become pregnant in the future but just not right now.
Since probably the age of 17 ive had the right side of my pubic region swell up as if there is a golf ball under the skin, usually swelling up and going back down the next day but lately over the last month it has been swelling up and not leaving for 3-4 days, and causes a lot of pain in itself,
it's currently swollen at the moment and has been for the last 2 days

Right side of pubic region like in the lips of the vagina or above your pubic bone in the pubic hair area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the pubic bone region, swells up to a large, hard painful ball

It sounds like a hernia that of it doesn't go down it may be an emergency. My battery is low and I'm in the Eastern time zone in U.S.A. So I need to charge my phone and resume the chat around 8am Eastern as my eyes are closing on me. Does that work for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that sounds fine, thank you

Ok

Hello, Dr Manos again. How are you doing with the period and what about the swelling above your pubic bone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I took some Herron gold pain killers and they worked for about an hour and then the pain came back again, the swelling has reduced a little,
but now with my cramps, the pain is radiating to my right hip and into my lower back too, increased volume in blood and it's bright reddish pink now

You need to be seen about this swelling which may be a hernia that is stuck and could be serious if it gets trapped more than stuck. You need to do it this morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hernia isn't what I'm overly worried about, I've had it checked before and my current doctor gave me anti inflammatory tablets For it. They work sometimes but not always.
I've still been visiting all day and haven't been able to eat or drink anything due to the nausea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vomiting*

I am not able to give you anymore advice. You might have what's officially called an incarcerated hernia but if it becomes a strangulated hernia, you could end up in intensive care. Your body is telling you something with the nausea and vomitting. I'm not going to continue texting about this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your advice I'll go get it looked at again in the morning
Thank you again

Please do.