OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I got my depo shot recently on monday my period came on

Customer Question
Hi i got my depo...
Hi i got my depo shot recently on monday my period came on about a werk or two ago and my partner and i had intercourse yesterday and he did not pull out what are the chances that im pregnant?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/25/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

Depo-Provera starts to work as birth control immediately after the first shot, if you get it within the first 5 days of your menstrual period

the chances of you being pregnant are very small

you can always see your doctor in 6-8 days after ovulation and get blood testing to tell for sure if you are pregnant or not

but I bet you will not be pregnant if you started your DepoProvera injection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?