OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My issue is regarding a placenta synechiae that was picked…

Customer Question
Hi my issue is...

Hi my issue is regarding a placenta synechiae that was picked up at my 17 weeks scan last week. The sonographer said it was 'right in the right' but I have not seen a doctor yet. I am concerned - will it cause issues? will there be issues with growth retardation? what happens if the baby moves into it? can it get worse? If I was to describe the placenta as a rectangle shape - it was in the right hand side stretching from top to bottom of the rectangle connecting to the placenta

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have not had d&C but had a m/c last year which carried on for 3.5 weeks they advised to watch and wait and let m/c take natural course but there was retained tissue which took 3 months to clear out. I have had a c-section 2.5 years ago with my first and only child

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
just checking if someone is working on my question?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
sorry please ignore call request
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/24/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

Uterine synechiae have generally been considered benign findings in pregnancy

chances are it will not cause problems.

it does not cause growth retardation. usually it will not get worse and just stays the same.

but placenta synechiae can slightly increase your risks for placental abruption, preterm premature rupture of membranes and cesarean delivery

your doctors know about this and will watch you closely during your term.

it sounds like you have had a miscarriage before.

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified