OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had an ovarian cyst removed laparoscopically in December…

Customer Question
I had an ovarian cyst...
I had an ovarian cyst removed laparoscopically in December 2014.
It was benign and just a dermoid.Would ovarian cancer grow within a year and 2 months time frame? Is there a chance for that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/22/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Thank you for your question.

If it were ovarian cancer, in a year and 2 months, without treatment you would have already been in the heavens.

It is VERY UNLIKELY to be ovarian cancer to say the least.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

No I'm asking in a years time,
could a cancer grow?How long is the laproscopoc surgery reliable for?

No it will not grow in your case.

You had a harmless tumor removed from your ovary that has no cancer of growing into cancer.

So trust me, there are no chances of ovarian cancer growing in your case.

Kindest regards

I would appreciate a rating as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.

Kindest regards

Hi Dr. I think maybe you are misunderstanding my question.I had the benign dermoid removed and my ovaries looked good and clean thenMy question is, could something sinister and new develop in a years time? Should k have an abdominal or vaginal ultrasound done every year now that I had a cyst? I am 31. I don't have cancer in my family.

Thank you for your clarification.

It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY for something new/sinister develop in a year's time.

There is no need to have an abdominal ultrasound.

Ovarian cancers usually happen in the older age group and at your age it is all the more unlikely.

Kindest regards