OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

While showering this morning, I noticed a bump on the right…

Customer Question
While showering this morning, I...
While showering this morning, I noticed a bump on the right labia side. It did not hurt, burn, or itch. Once I was able to look I saw two blister- like growths,very dark red or black. The upper one was more raised and hard.
I am 67 years old and celibate but do use a vibrator.
The blisters are evenly round, no irregularity as I was checking for melanmona possibly.
Should I open it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/21/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

I would not open it.

A hard red/black growth could possibly be a melanoma.

It's hard to know much without looking at the blister/growths, but I think a doctor needs to check them. If there is any question, then they can be removed and sent for microscopic exam. Best wishes.