OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Can a placental site nodule or Multiple fragments of benign

Customer Question
proliferative endometrium admixed with blood...
Can a placental site nodule or Multiple fragments of benign proliferative endometrium admixed with blood and mucus, be a cause of pelvic adhesion? Or is there anyways of preventing this for future pregnancy? Prier 3 csection deliverys.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/20/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

This is Dr Manos again. D&C findings in your case well after a csection is very rare. What's not rare is adhesions after one or more csections. Adhesion formation has been studied for decades and probably the one factor that seems to matter is the amount of time the csection takes. 15 minutes is good and fewer adhesions and 45 minutes longer with increased chances of adhesions. There is no answer to your specific question and adhesion formation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does it make a difference if the uterus was exterioized and cleared of all clots and debris during the procedure?

Well that's another question and my opinion is yes it can invite adhesion formation. I believe I exteriorized about three times in over 4000 csections so I don't see the value of exteriorization. Lengthy papers have been written about adhesions and updates released by the American Congress of obstetricians and gynecologists.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what reasons would it be necessary to do this during a csection? what would be the best way to seal up the incision after uterus is returned to the abdomen?

I'm not one to ask that question to as I very rarely did that and I don't recall why I pulled the uterus out unless the incision in the uterus was a problem. Your question is beyond what I or Justanswer can discuss with you. Physicians who took care of you can answer.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN