OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

How are you? im really stressed out right now, what is your…

Customer Question
Hello how are you...

Hello how are you?

Doctor's Assistant: I'm good. And you?

Im really stressed out right now

Doctor's Assistant: Sorry to hear it. How can we help?

What is your medical position?

Doctor's Assistant: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.

Okay well i do have a lot going on with my body and i am not understanding what is happening with it

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?

Well. I had sex with a condom on the day before i ovulated. My partner never ejaculated, but i know he precums sometimes. After a while of partaking in sex, we just stopped. Like a said before he never came but when as he was removing the condom, it broke (he was not near me while he removed it) Im just afraid that the reason it broke because it already had a small tear in it that we didnt know about. The day the sex took place was a monday and i took a Plan B on thursday of the same week. Im afraid that the pill wont work. I also forgot to mention that he peed before we had sex. So my question is, if precum did seep in me can i still get pregnant from it even if my partner urinated before sex? Did i take the plan b too late? Will it still ne effective after ovulation and the remainder of my fertile window? Do i need to be as worried as i am? PLEASE HELP!!!

Doctor's Assistant: Huh?

What do you mean huh?

Doctor's Assistant: What confuses you?

Did you read the message

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
At this time i am very confused of what going on with my body. Im not sure if what is going on is implantation bleeding or not. Well, I have been paying close attention to my discharge and at for at leasr 2 days my discharge has been having clumps in it. But just a few moments ago, I checked my discharge and its still clumpy but its a tinted brown and then there was a few spots of bright red blood in it. Im really freaking out!!! idk what is going on with me.
2/20/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your concerns separately but later you can ask anything that is not clear;

If precum did seep in me can I still get pregnant from it even if my partner urinated before sex?

No you are not likely to get pregnant this way. Your sexual intercourse was mainly protected and slight precum especially when he had urinated is not going to cause pregnancy.

Did I take the plan b too late?

Plan B when taken within 72 hours is effective and you did the same. You had sex on Monday and you took plan B on Thursday so even if there was a slight theoretical possibility of getting pregnant, taking plan B within time has excluded that.

Will it still ne effective after ovulation and the remainder of my fertile window?

No you should take precautions now and shouldn't reply on that plan B anymore. That has basically addressed the sex that you had on Monday.

Do I need to be as worried as I am?

I reassure you with 100% confidence that you don't even need to think about being pregnant. The changes you are seeing in your discharge is just due to your stress and that's all. Take my words that there is nothing to be concerned for.

I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Im very confused. The intercourse took place monday, i ovulated on tuesday, and then took the plan b on thursday. So basically either way the plan b was inneffective? So how can I just not be worried about an unwanted pregnancy? As far as the discharge, it has now been tinted brown for 24 hours, and I just seen a few drops of bright red in it. My next cycle is due next Wednesday or thursday as well. Usually i get dark drown discharge a day before my cycle starts. But my period is in 5 more days, this never happened to me before.

Thanks a lot for your input. No it's not so. The plan B is effective at any stage. Taking plan B can cause menstrual irregularity and that's why you are having the discharge. Don't take stress, you are not pregnant. Please trust me. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards