OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

To the point, I noticed my partner was extremely wet for…

Customer Question
Hi, To the point, I noticed...
To the point, I noticed my partner was extremely wet for about 10 days from Monday till the following Tuesday a week later till I guess I spoke my concerns to her. It was not like that on the weekend though. I found out in the shower when I went for a cheeky touch down there and noticed it was unbelievably wet and also that it was puffy inside like after she usually has an orgasm. she said she thinks she was ovulating for the first time (shes 30) as she stopped taking soy with her coffee for the first time in 12 years which started about 3 weeks earlier. I checked her panties and they were soaked through every day.
Is it possible for her to be like that naturally for 10 days 'ovulating'? she had no desire to make love the whole time. Or would this more likely be because she has probably had exciting, forbidden sex with some hot guy which is why she wasn't like that on the weekend? its been 4 months since and it hasn't been even slightly close to that drenched or puffy.
Right out there with that strange and complex question,
Thank you,
Worried Bloke.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/19/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Thank you for your question.

Did you notice the color of the discharge?

Please let me know.

Regards

ranging from clear to white, pretty much a blend of opaque clear and white. no yellows

Thank you for your question.

It seems UNLIKELY to be a sexually transmitted disease.

I think that the most likely cause of such a discharge is bacterial vaginosis which is so very common in ladies.

This can be treated with medications such as clindamycin or metronidazole which is what I would recommend.

I would also recommend adding an antifungal agent to this regimen as well because yeast infections are so very commonly associated with such infections.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards

It wouldn't have been an infection as there was no burning, pain or odor. Only that there was lots and lots of wetness and it was more of an indication that it might have been due to sexual excitement/activity.
would this be more of a natural occurrence or likely the result of sexual activity? not infection.

Bacterial vaginosis may not cause any other symptoms other than a discharge and with the symptoms that you are mentioning it seems like bacterial vaginosis (BV). Also yeast infection may not cause any symptoms and may only present with a discharge.

I would recommend that she be seen and be further evaluated for this if this persist for more than a few more days.

Discharge from ovulation or excitement should not last for this many days.

Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards

Sorry I guess I didn't explain that part properly. She doesn't have it right now, this went for 10 days which was 4 months ago back in November 2015. Her wetness wasn't like that around the clock 24/7, her pajama knickers didn't show signs of excessive wetness and she wouldn't be wet till the afternoon the following day which went from November 3 to November 10. She wasn't like that on the weekend though the 7th and 8th of November. Only after getting home from work. She would have a swelled clitoris, labia and mons, plus the excessive wetness which would be washed out after her shower and the swelling would go away also. It wouldn't be like that till the following day. It stopped when she finished working at that job. which is why I think it is from arousal and excitement and not from an infection. Is that more likely or are those still classic symptoms of an infection?

I will continue helping you out with all your questions.

Just one little request if you do not mind.

Can you please rate me by clicking on one of the stars before we proceed.

regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor