OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I took plan two months in a row and have not had a cycle…

Customer Question
I took plan B two...
I took plan B two months in a row and have not had a cycle since Dec. 21st. My peroids are regular. Can I take Provera to get my cycle started?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified Obgyn. You took plan B the first time and got your period December 21st. Then plan B was taken beginning early January. No period since. The problem is that plan B is a synthetic progesterone (progestin) and is equivalent to the progestin in four bcp's. It has thrown your cycle off. Provera may not bring on a period. Best to wait until the end of February giving your period a chance on its own.

I didn't get a response back about plan B and how it frequently throws off a woman's cycle. What are you thinking at this point.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN