OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Two complex multiseptated leison most likely representing…

Customer Question
Two complex multiseptated leison most...
Two complex multiseptated leison most likely representing hemorrhagic cyst appropriate follow up is in 2 months just to repeat ultrasound? Is it normal for the ovary w the cyst to be double the size of Cyst 1 is 2.6x1.7x2.4 and cyst 2 is slightly smaller
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/19/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified Obgyn. I can help. How old are you and is your period effected by the cysts?

I am 24 years old, my periods are short approximately 24 day cycles, and Just have had intermittent pelvic pain throughout the month

I texted but something fouled up. Where are you on your cycle? On bcp's ?

1 week or less from next menstral period (LMP 1/28/16) no birth control pills

You obviously have a functioning ovarian cyst that's related to your cycle. Your period may be delayed this time until the ovary settles down. You might have some shooting pains from it. I wouldn't worry about this common entity.

Is it normally for one ovary to be double the size of the other is a cyst is present? And is it normal with these cysts to have free fluid in the pelvis? Right ovary 3.4 x 1.4 x 3.3 and left ovary us 7.2 x 3 x 3

I understand your situation with both ovaries better now. Left ovary 7.2cmx3cmx3cm is a little odd it being sausage shaped. Free fluid in pelvis is probably a little leakage of the cyst. Repeating ultrasound definitely indicated. Hopefully the cyst on left is from the ovary and not a dilated Fallopian tube. The repeat ultrasound should shed more light on the subject.

This was the file I was given in terms of read

Thanks for the report. Not likely to be dilated Fallopian tube. It may be one cyst with a septum dividing in two parts. It's hard to say what will happen with your next period. A repeat ultrasound will definitely help.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN