OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My friend is really worried she went out and had too much to…

Customer Question
Hello my friend is really...
Hello my friend is really worried she went out and had too much to drink and a guy dropped her home but she doesn't remember anything from the ride back and arrived home late. The next day she had so much pain in her private part specially her bladder. Her urine was burning and other body aches. Yesterday (5 days later) it got worse and she found blood in her urine and is having trouble urinating - it hurts her and when she wants to urinate she can't. She want's to go check in the clinic but we she is worried that maybe something happened and that she's pregnant, we live in a very conservative/religious part of the world and she is worried if they take a urine test the will see whether she is pregnant or not - will the urine test show whether she's pregnant or is too soon to detect in urine? The first 2 days she had pain in her pelvic area and thighs and now more pain in the lower back area. She feels as if she wants to urinate but there's no urine, even after she urinates she feels she needs to again and it hurts. Can you please give your advice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified Obgyn. It appears that she has a bladder infection that just needs an antibiotic. They can check the urine for infection and wouldn't necessarily check for pregnancy. She has classic symptoms of an acute urinary bladder infection and needs treatment before it becomes infection in her kidneys. The sooner the treatment the better

thanks, ***** ***** too soon to detect pregancy?
this happened 5 days ago

Dr Manos again retyping a text that had an error message on send. Positive pregnancy test depends when did last period start and if she had sperm introduced this week and an egg was released. It shouldn't be positive until after this weekend.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN