OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Radiologist simply stated on report 'rectal wall

Customer Question
thickening'.....I had a colonoscopy 14...
Radiologist simply stated on report 'rectal wall thickening'.....I had a colonoscopy 14 months ago when polyps, including rectal polyps were removed...could this be cancer so soon afterward?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/18/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified obgyn colorectal cancer is always considered with lesions in the rectum and colon. Polyps can be found to be cancerous. Thickening of rectal wall is a finding. What are you being told as far as further evaluation? That's the key right now.