Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a heterogeneous uterus without distinct mass

Customer Question

I have a heterogeneous uterus without distinct mass thickened echotexture blo sted belly pain in vvagina and belly cyst in both ovaries irregular periods bad headache weak and these doctors are nothhelping me.i have an ultrasound with definite figure and no answer,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I feel movement in my belly its huge ive gained 36lbs and im in pain everyday. I am worried sick i don't know whats happening
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain and bleeding. Usually in this situation, the heterogeneous uterus is from either adenomyosis or a diffuse fibroid. The next step would be to do a biopsy of the uterine lining, then offer treatment. The most effective treatment would be a hysterectomy although depending on the details of a womans history, we may be able to offer other less effective options such as a Mirena IUD or the use of Depo-Lupron or Lysteda medications. But a hysterectomy would be most effective.

I hope this information was helpful. Please reply if I can add details or clarify anything. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Any questions?